Mound Bottom, a state owned archaeological area, lies in a horseshoe bend of the Harpeth River about one mile north of Highway 70 on Cedar Hill Road. Visible from the area of Scott Cemetery and the tops of the surrounding bluffs, it encompasses 101 acres and contains the remains of a prehistoric Native American settlement known as a civic and ceremonial center. Archaeologists estimate the site was occupied between 900 AD and 1300 AD.
top of page
bottom of page